Recently I had the unique honor to interview Kristen Schaal, an inventive comedic talent and quite probably best known at the moment as a cast member of HBO’s Flight of the Conchords musical comedy sit-com variation. I put her to the epic task of answering five delicious questions, and the deed was done. What follows will change the very nature of your being…
1. What were your primary musical influences growing up?
I started with the New Kids on The Block. Then my brother saved me by giving me a Cure tape for Christmas. Then it was solely The Cure until I was introduced to Tori Amos. This was in junior high and high school.
2. Equally as important, what were your primary comedic influences growing up?
I loved Lily Tomlin and Carol Burnett. Eddie Murphy and the Muppets. Bobcat Goldthwait from the Police Academies.
3. Given your background as an actress, what is your opinion on the great Brad Dourif?
He’s a workhorse!
4. Might you be touring about at various comic clubs around the country at this time or in the near future?
Yes. Whenever I can fit it in. In January I’m shooting more Penelope: Princess of Pets shorts, and then I’m going to the Melbourne Comedy Festival in March. In April I will be doing some shows in London.
5. Finally, any interesting information on the second season of Conchords?
It’s not set to shoot until this summer, so there’s a possibility Murray will be wearing shorts.
…Future interviews with potentially more members of my species are quite possible, so keep coming back for more, won’t you now?